CFA Society Hong Kong & Trailsweeper: Mount Parker Road To Red Incense Burner Summit
Hiking is great for mental and physical health, to enjoy with your family, make new friends, chitchat with our fellow Society members in a beautiful environment. Our Members Services Committee) is co-organising a trail clean-up activity with Trailsweeper (an organization that aims to protect different trails) to serve the benefits of enjoying the pleasure of hiking and clearing the debris of our trails.
Mount Parker Road To Red Incense Burner Summit
參加者：清徑先鋒30人；CFA Society HK 30人
Date: 2023/12/17 (Sunday)
Meeting point: Entrance to Mount Baker Nature Trail, King’s Road, Quarry Bay
Meeting time: 10:00
Route: Mount Parker Road, Quarry Bay>送子觀音> Wilson Trail > Sir Cecil’s Ride > Red Incense Burner Summit > Braemar Hill Road Playground
Total length: about 5.0 kilometers
Height: the highest is 219 meters, and the lowest is 47 meters (total 510 meters up, 400 meters down)
Difficulty: 2 stars (maximum 5 stars)
Landscape: 3 stars
Estimated completion time: 13:30
Participants: 30 people from Trailsweeper; 30 people from CFA Society Hong Kong
Materials and fees: Cleaning tools and souvenirs are provided by Trailsweepers for free. Food and transportation expenses are at the participant’s own cost.
注意事項 / Remarks：
1) 本活動為免費自願參與型式的户外活動，各參加者需自行承擔期間一切風險及責任。香港特許金融分析師學會會為12月8日( 星期五 )前報名的參加者購買基本戶外保險; 如參加者於12月8日(星期五)或以後日子報名，本會不會為參加者購買基本戶外保險。其他參加者如有需要，請自行購買合適的保險。
The captioned outdoor activity is free and on a voluntary basis, participants shall bear their own risks and responsibilities during the activity. CFA Society Hong Kong will cover basic outing insurance* for eligible participants who registered on / before 8 Dec (Fri). Insurance will not be covered for those who registered after 8 Dec (Fri). It is reminded that all participants should take out adequate insurance for your own financial and personal security.
Please wear suitable hiking attire and bring a backpack; please bring sufficient food and water. (Participants are recommended to bring at least 1L of water, team leaders will check before the start of the event. If participants do not have sufficient drinking water, he/she will be disallowed to join the activity together with the team.)
4) 如活動當天上午07:00時，天文台仍然維持任何暴雨、3號或以上暴風或涵蓋活動區域的雷暴警告 ， 活動將會取消/改期 。
If the observatory still maintains any rainstorm, storm No. 3 or above, or thunderstorms covering the activity area at 7:00 AM on the day of the event, the activity will be cancelled/scheduled.
- The Society reserves the right to cancel the activity due to any unforeseen circumstances or the minimum number of enrolment is not achieved.
- Participants will not abide to hold CFA Society Hong Kong responsible for any accidents of whatever kind, resulting in death or injury, or for any damages to or losses or destruction of personal properties arising during the activity.
- Please be punctual.
- All participants must agree with the “Liability Declaration” when they register online.
By registering for this event, you confirm that you and your guest(s) consent to appearing in any official event photographs and video footage.
- The photographs and video footage can be used by the Society for marketing and publicity in our publications, on our website and in social media, or in a third-party publication.
- In addition, photographs or video footage may be taken by other event attendees and publicly shared, for which the Society cannot be held responsible.
Please note that if you choose to participate in this activity, you do so at your own risk. In consideration of being allowed to participate in this activity, you agree that in no activity shall CFA Society Hong Kong, its staff and committee members and/or any other person assisting CFA Society Hong Kong (collectively, the “Releasees”) with this activity have any responsibility whatsoever for any and all injuries (including death) suffered by you during this activity and/or for any and all resulting loss and/or damages of whatsoever nature and you agree to release each such person (or entity) from any liability whatsoever for any and such loss, damages, and injuries (including death) howsoever arising from your participation in this activity. Also, if you suffer from any illness, medical condition or disability, please consult your physician before participating in the subject activity. This disclaimer of liability applies to any and all loss, damages and/or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any act of negligence on the part of any of the Releasees or on the part of any agent or deemed agent of any of the Releasees.
* Insurance Policy will be provided in the confirmation email.