Hike for Health, Explore the Nature – Healthy Hiking Day
The hiking to Double Haven is challenging! It is over 15km and requires a whole day. However, the reward is some of the most beautiful scenery and visiting remote villages that traditions were preserved.
Date: 26 November 2022 (Saturday)
Meeting Time: 8:15 am
Meeting Place: University Station 大學站
Itinerary: The shuttle bus will pick you up at 8:15 am at University Station then there is a return trip pick-up provided at about 5:30 pm.
8:15 am Gather at University Station 大學站 for charter bus pick up to start hiking from Wu Kau Tang 烏蛟騰
11:00 am After a brief photo stop at Mui Tsz Lam 梅子林, arrive at Kop Tong 蛤塘 for rest, where drinks and local snacks are available from the village store.
12:30 pm Arrive Lai Chi Wo 荔枝窩, a well preserved Hakka village over 300 years old. There is free time to visit the village, the Story Room 故事館, and the Fung Shui Forest 風水林.
2:30 pm Arrive Sam A Tsuen 三椏村. Participants can enjoy a late lunch (and avoid the crowd) of Hakkenese Food at one of the few famous village restaurants 綠悠遊 there.
(Note: Drink, snack, and lunch not included)
Estimated Finish Time: 6:15 pm
Difficulty: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Fee: $100 for transportation fee only
Materials: Please wear hiking shoes, and bring enough bottles of water
Requirement: Please don’t bring kids under 14
No. of participants: 20 pax
Please arrive on time and the event will start promptly at 8:15 am.
1) This is a full-day event with limited options to exit in the middle.
2) Mobile phone reception is poor or non-exist in most places.
3) Majority of the hike will be on unpaved trails.
4) It is suggested to bring a hiking stick with you.
1) 本活動為免費自願參與型式的户外活動，各參加者需自行承擔期間一切風險及責任。香港特許金融分析師學會會為11月18日(星期五)前報名的參加者購買基本戶外保險; 如參加者於11月18日(星期五)或以後日子報名，本會不會為參加者購買基本戶外保險。其他參加者如有需要，請自行購買合適的保險。
The captioned outdoor activity is free and on a voluntary basis, participants shall bear their own risks and responsibilities during the activity. CFA Society Hong Kong will cover basic outing insurance* for eligible participants who registered on/before 18 Nov 2022 (Fri). Insurance will not be covered for those who registered after 18 Nov 2022 (Fri). It is reminded that all participants should take out adequate insurance for your own financial and personal security.
Please wear suitable hiking attire and bring a backpack; please bring sufficient water. (Participants are recommended to bring at least 1L of drinking water, team leaders will check before the start of the event. If participants do not have sufficient drinking water, he/she will be disallowed to join the activity together with the team.)
4) 如活動當天上午5:00時，天文台仍然維持任何暴雨、3號或以上暴風或涵蓋活動區域的雷暴警告, 活動將會取改期至4/12/2022(日)
The event will be canceled if Typhoon Signal No. 3 / Typhoon Signal No. 8 / Typhoon Signal No. 10 or any rainstorm warning is hoisted before 5:00 AM on the event day. In the event of cancellation due to bad weather, it will be rescheduled to 4 Dec 2022 (Sun).
All participants should adhere to safety measures.
就疫情相關的衛生注意事項 / Health Precautions Related to the Epidemic:
1) 活動進行期間，在没有足夠防疫社交距離的情況下各隊員不得超於限聚令人數。若有個别隊員違規，隊員須承擔其所引致的任何後果，本會(CFA Society Hong Kong)及隊長概不負責;
Participants shall maintain/adhere to social distancing rules under all circumstances. If there is any violation, the offending participant shall bear the consequences that occurred; CFA Society Hong Kong do not have responsibility for any dispute that occurred. In case of dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong is final, and no further correspondences will be entertained.
Always pay attention to personal hygiene and clean hands frequently.
Especially before and after activities, participants should be more careful to prevent viruses by wearing masks on public vehicles.
If you have any discomfort or flu symptoms, please DO NOT participate in the captioned activity.
- The Society reserves the right to cancel the activity due to any unforeseen circumstances or the minimum number of enrolment is not achieved.
- Participants will not abide to hold CFA Society Hong Kong responsible for any accidents of whatever kind, resulting in death or injury, or for any damages to or losses or destruction of personal properties arising during the activity.
- Please be punctual.
- All participants must agree with the “Liability Declaration” when they register online. Please note that if you choose to participate in this activity, you do so at your own risk. In consideration of being allowed to participate in this activity, you agree that in no activity shall CFA Society Hong Kong, its staff and committee members, and/or any other person assisting CFA Society Hong Kong (collectively, the “Releasees”) with this activity have any responsibility whatsoever for any and all injuries (including death) suffered by you during this activity and/or for any and all resulting loss and/or damages of whatsoever nature and you agree to release each such person (or entity) from any liability whatsoever for any and such loss, damages, and injuries (including death) howsoever arising from your participation in this activity. Also, if you suffer from any illness, medical condition, or disability, please consult your physician before participating in the subject activity. This disclaimer of liability applies to any and all loss, damages, and/or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any act of negligence on the part of any of the Releasees or on the part of any agent or deemed agent of any of the Releasees.