Unveiling Private Equity Real Estate (PERE)
In today’s dynamic investment landscape, as institutional investors seek alternative avenues to diversify their portfolios, Private Equity Real Estate (PERE) has emerged as a compelling option. “Unveiling Private Equity Real Estate (PERE)” is an event designed to shed light on this dynamic sector, providing you with an introductory walkthrough of PERE, delivered by a seasoned veteran in the real estate investment industry.
The event will kick off with a keynote session by Dr. Charles Lam, CFA, a highly regarded expert in the field of real estate investment. He will share his wealth of knowledge and experience, providing an overview of PERE, its key drivers and the market outlook in this sector. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of private equity real estate, including various investment strategies and risk management approaches.
Following the keynote session, the event will feature an interactive fireside chat, moderated by Mr. Thomas Chen, CFA, with the audience and a networking session. It is both a valuable opportunity to gain practical insights into this complex investment landscape and an ample networking occasion to network with seasoned professionals in the industry.
(Sandwiches and drinks will be served at the event.)
Target audience: all members and non-members
About the Speaker
Dr. Charles Lam is the Co-Head of APAC Diversified Funds in the EQT Exeter team. Dr. Lam worked for Baring Private Equity Asia as Managing Director, Real Estate from Nov 2011 until Oct 2022, when the company joined forces with EQT. A veteran in the Real Estate industry, Dr. Lam held senior positions in various multinational real estate firms, including Pramerica Real Estate Investors (now renamed as PGIM), China Ping An Trust, and AIG Global Real Estate. Dr. Lam started his career in Sun Hung Kai Properties Group. Dr. Lam is the Permanent Honorary President of the China Real Estate Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong & International Chapter (CRECCHKI), and an Advisor of Our Hong Kong Foundation (OHKF).
Thomas Chen is currently an Investment Associate in Lever VC, a global venture capital fund focused on alt-protein and ag-tech investments. Before joining Lever VC, he had worked in VSFG on private equity and venture capital deals and Fosun on direct investments in growth, buyout and PIPE deals. He holds a Master’s Degree in Finance from The Chinese University of Hong Kong and is currently enrolled in MBA program of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Registration is requested, no walk-in will be entertained.
- Only registered participants are allowed to stay and attend the event.
- Registrations should be paid in full before the commencement of the activity. The Society reserves the right to disallow entrance to the activity for any unpaid registrations or registrations in doubt.
- Full amount of registration fee will still be charged for no show or enrolment made after 10th March 2024 (Sunday).
- For any cancellation of confirmed enrolment on or before 10th March 2024 (Sunday), an administration fee of HK$50 plus 50% of the registration fee will be forfeited. All cancellation requests must be made in writing and be confirmed by email from the Society.
- Refund of the registration fee (after deducting HK$50 administration fee and 50% forfeiture) will be given for cancellation received on/before 10th March 2024 (Sunday).
- For payment made by credit card, refund will be handled through the card-issuing bank. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. The amount will be refunded to the credit card used for payment.
- No refund will be given for cancellation received after 10th March 2024 (Sunday).
- Substitutions are allowed and please notify us no later than 10th March 2024 (Sunday) if such arrangement is required. Non-member rate applies if the substitute is not a CFA Society Hong Kong member.
- The event organizers reserve the right to change the format, date of the event due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- The event will be conducted in English.
- For attendance-taking purpose, participants’ names and company names (if any) may be given to the speaker of this event.
- Should there be any changes to the event dates and other arrangements, we will notify participants via SMS and/or email. Notices will also be posted on Society’s website. Please stay alert with our notifications.
- An additional administrative charge of HK$50 will be charged for participant who registers on the event day.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong shall be final and binding.
Personal Information Collection Statement
- CFA Society Hong Kong intends to use the personal data (including but not limited to your name, email address(es), mobile number and/or social media) to inform you, where relevant, of members’ benefits, goods, services facilities and events organized or provided by CFA Society Hong Kong or other organizations. Members and registered persons may opt out of receiving such materials at any time by sending an email to CFA Society Hong Kong at email@example.com.
By registering for this event, you confirm that you and your guest(s) consent to appearing in any official event photographs and video footage.
- The photographs and video footage can be used by the Society for marketing and publicity in our publications, on our website and in social media, or in a third-party publication.
- In addition, photographs or video footage may be taken by other event attendees and publicly shared, for which the Society cannot be held responsible.