Triumphs and Challenges for Women in Finance
With dedication to International Women’s Day (#IWD) 2024, join us for this engaging event, featuring Emma Wang, General Manager of Hong Kong Branch at East West Bank, and Wenyi Ma, CFA, Vice President, APAC Business Development at Matthews Asia as moderator. Emma will share her insights and experiences regarding the hurdles faced by women in the finance industry, as well as the triumphs they have achieved.
This event aims to shed light on the current state of gender equality in finance and provide valuable perspectives on women’s advancement in the field. During the event, Emma will discuss the glass ceiling that exists for women in finance across different countries. Drawing from her extensive experience working in various nations, Emma will share personal anecdotes and observations on the unique challenges faced by women in different cultural and professional contexts.
The event will also cover the balance between work and family life for professional women. Emma will share strategies and advice on managing these responsibilities effectively, drawing from her own experiences and those of other successful women in finance. Let’s #InspireInclusion to help forge a better, more inclusive community for everyone, regardless of gender and ethnicity!
(Sandwiches and drinks will be served at the event.)
Target audience: all members and non-members
About the Speaker
Emma is the General Manager at East West Bank Hong Kong Branch, overseeing all corporate and commercial banking businesses in APAC. She is the founder of East West Bank’s Private Equity Group (Fund Finance) Asia, where she specializes in crafting creative and bespoke liquidity solutions to PE/VC firms in both US and Aisa. Previously, she was a Managing Partner and Head of Private Credit Solutions at TR Capital, leading the firm’s strategies to provide NAV solutions to both GPs and LPs. She started her Fund Finance career at Comerica Bank Equity Fund Services Group, where she was responsible for developing PE/VC relationships in the US.
Emma sits on the APAC Advisory Council of the Fund Finance Association. She holds a Master’s in Finance from Brandeis International Business School, and a B.A. from Osaka Prefecture University. Emma is trilingual, speaking Chinese, Japanese and English.
Wenyi is Vice President of APAC Business Development at Matthews Asia. Before joining Matthews, she was an investment consultant at Mercer in Hong Kong. Prior to moving to Hong Kong in 2021, Wenyi spent 6 years in New York, where she worked in various roles at Strongpoint Wealth Advisors and Bloomberg.
Wenyi holds Masters in Finance from Brandeis University International Business School and BBA from Xiamen University. She is also a CFA charterholder.
- Registration is requested, no walk-in will be entertained.
- Only registered participants are allowed to stay and attend the event.
- Registrations should be paid in full before the commencement of the activity. The Society reserves the right to disallow entrance to the activity for any unpaid registrations or registrations in doubt.
- Full amount of registration fee will still be charged for no show or enrolment made after 5th March 2024 (Tuesday).
- For any cancellation of confirmed enrolment on or before 5th March 2024 (Tuesday), an administration fee of HK$50 plus 50% of the registration fee will be forfeited. All cancellation requests must be made in writing and be confirmed by email from the Society.
- Refund of the registration fee (after deducting HK$50 administration fee and 50% forfeiture) will be given for cancellation received on/before 5th March 2024 (Tuesday).
- For payment made by credit card, refund will be handled through the card-issuing bank. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. The amount will be refunded to the credit card used for payment.
- No refund will be given for cancellation received after 5th March 2024 (Tuesday).
- Substitutions are allowed and please notify us no later than 5th March 2024 (Tuesday) if such arrangement is required. Non-member rate applies if the substitute is not a CFA Society Hong Kong member.
- The event organizers reserve the right to change the format, date of the event due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- The event will be conducted in English.
- For attendance-taking purpose, participants’ names and company names (if any) may be given to the speaker of this event.
- Should there be any changes to the event dates and other arrangements, we will notify participants via SMS and/or email. Notices will also be posted on Society’s website. Please stay alert with our notifications.
- An additional administrative charge of HK$50 will be charged for participant who registers on the event day.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong shall be final and binding.
Personal Information Collection Statement
- CFA Society Hong Kong intends to use the personal data (including but not limited to your name, email address(es), mobile number and/or social media) to inform you, where relevant, of members’ benefits, goods, services facilities and events organized or provided by CFA Society Hong Kong or other organizations. Members and registered persons may opt out of receiving such materials at any time by sending an email to CFA Society Hong Kong at email@example.com.