The proposed preferential profits tax regime for Hong Kong family office
CPT/CE Eligibility (A Recognized CPT Provider)
|PL (CE) hour(s)||1|
|RBV CPD hour(s)||1|
The HKSAR Government has recently released the proposal to provide tax concession for single family offices in Hong Kong. The objective of the tax exemption is to provide tax certainty to eligible investment holding vehicles owned by ultra-high-net-worth individuals and their family members in order to attract family offices to be set up and operated in Hong Kong. The speakers will share with us the following key features of the proposed tax regime in this webinar:
- The key requirements and structures required for Family Offices under the proposed tax regime;
- Substantial activities requirements with regards to employees and operating expenditure;
- Considerations on how common types of investments would fit into the qualifying transactions under the proposed tax regime; and
- Other practical concerns and compliance requirements to consider.
About the Speakers
Mr. Travis Lee
Partner, Private Enterprise Tax Practice
- Travis started his tax advisory career with KPMG in 2006, and he has extensive experiences in advising clients on China and overseas tax matters. Travis is familiar with tax matters using Hong Kong as a hub for cross-border investment and merger and acquisition, and he has numerous assignments around common topics in capital market such as listing, Employment Stock Ownership plan (ESOP) planning, privatization and divestment strategies.
- Travis advises family offices and high-net-worth clients on a wide array of tax matters. He advises on overseas, China and Hong Kong tax planning, covering structures for individual / corporate investments in multiple jurisdictions, assessment on tax residency status, family wealth planning, and business succession.
Ms. Selina Wang
Senior Manager, Private Enterprise Tax Practice
- Selina started her tax advisory career with Big Four since 2015. She has experiences in family offices and trusts, advising high-net-worth clients in China / Hong Kong on wealth preservation and accumulation, family business restructuring, and estate and succession planning.
- Selina also has experiences in international tax planning and cross-border M&A transactions pertaining to inbound/outbound foreign investments in North America, Europe, and Asia. She specializes in Canadian and US tax, covering a wide range of overseas tax matters for individual / corporations.
Rating General- Material presented will be basic and of interest to a general audience having no background in the area.
CFA Societies Global Passport Program
CFA Society Hong Kong has participated in the CFA Societies Global Passport Program which allows CFA society members to enjoy local society member rate at selected events like this luncheon. Members of non-CFA Society Hong Kong CFA Institute societies qualify to attend this event at CFA Society Hong Kong member rates. Please contact CFA Society Hong Kong at email@example.com to register
- This Webinar is a complimentary event for all members.
- Upon registration on the Zoom platform, each registrant will be given a unique link for each session, please do not share the link with others.
- Members will be entitled to receive CPT Attendance Letter at NO extra costs after attending the FULL webinar. Please see below for further details.
- To qualify for CPT/CE hours, all participants must attend the full webinar. After the webinar, Society staff will verify participants’ check-in and check-out time from the registration system for the purpose of issuing CPT Attendance Letters. No pro-rata credit hours will be awarded.
- CFA Societies Global Passport Program Eligible.
- The event will be conducted in English.
- The webinar link and email confirmation will be sent to registrant upon successful online registration.
- A webinar reminder will be sent out 1 day before the event. If you have not received the email confirmation and reminder, it is the delegate’s responsibility to contact CFA Society Hong Kong to confirm their place.
- The webinar will be conducted on Zoom.
- Please log in the webinar link 10 mins in advance of the session start time to allow some time to solve the technical issues (if any) and the webinar will start promptly at 12:30 PM.
- For attendance-taking purpose, participants’ names and company names (if any) may be given to the speaker of this event.
- CFA Society Hong Kong will closely monitor and assess the ongoing situation of COVID-19 in the community. Should there be any changes to the event dates and other arrangements, we will notify participants via SMS and/or email. Notices will also be posted on Society’s website. Please stay alert with our notifications.
- The event organizers reserve the right to change the format, date or speakers of the event due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- In case of dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong is final, and no further correspondences will be entertained.
- *For Guest/ non-member/ Candidate, $150 is required for the CPT Attendance Letter, please click the box below for CPT attendance letter. You will be directed to Paypal to complete the order. Please submit your application before the registration deadline (24 May).
- Please note that no request for an attendance letter will be processed after the event date & registration deadline.