Sustainability Through Investment: Annual Dinner 2024 with CFA Society Hong Kong!
CFA Society Hong Kong would like to extend a heartfelt invitation to you to partake in an evening filled with networking opportunities and knowledge-sharing amongst our esteemed members and distinguished guests from the investment community.
In addition to the glamour and networking, we are excited to announce that we will honour the outstanding volunteers who have demonstrated unwavering dedication to the Society. Furthermore, we’ll pay tribute to the achievements of the decennary charterholders.
Your presence is pivotal to the success of this prestigious occasion.
Date: 8 March 2024 (Friday)
Venue: Hong Kong Bankers Club, 3/F, Nexxus Building, 41 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
Dress Code: Business
About the Keynote Speaker
Mr. Ronald Chan
Chief Investment Officer and Co-Portfolio Manager
Ronald Chan founded Chartwell Capital in 2007 and currently serves as Chief Investment Officer. He is a board member of the Financial Services Development Council, a committee member of the Listing Committee and the Public Shareholders Group at the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong, and an Independent Non-Executive Director for Hong Kong Ferry, Lee & Man Paper, and Powerlong Commercial Management Holdings. He was a Listing Committee member of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong from 2016 to 2022.
A frequent contributor to the South China Morning Post, Ronald is the author of two investment books: Behind the Berkshire Hathaway Curtain: Lessons from Warren Buffett’s Top Business Leaders in 2010, and The Value Investors: Lessons from the World’s Top Fund Managers in 2012 and 2021 (second edition). Ronald graduated with Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and Accounting from the Stern School of Business at New York University and is currently the Vice President of the Pan-Asia Alumni Committee. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees at Malvern College in Hong Kong and at Worcester Academy in Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Interested parties are requested to register online.
- Registration is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- After completing the online registration, registrants will receive email notifications with registration details. A reminder will also be sent before the event day. If you have not received the email notification and reminder from CFA Society Hong Kong, please contact CFA Society Hong Kong to confirm your place.
Policy for Substitutions, Cancellations and No Show:
- Reservations are on a first-come first served basis.
- All event registrations and online payments should be completed on or before 26th February 2024 (Monday), otherwise CFA Society Hong Kong reserves the right to disallow entrance to the activity.
- For any cancellation of confirmed enrollment on or before 26th February 2024 (Monday), 50% of the activity fee will be forfeited. All cancellation requests must be made in writing and be confirmed by email from CFA Society Hong Kong.
- Refund of the event fee (after forfeiting 50% of the activity fee) will be given for cancellation received on/before 26th February 2024 (Monday). Refund will be issued to the original payment method, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for for the refunded amount to be reflected in your account. Full amount will still be charged for no show or enrolment made after 26th February 2024 (Monday). No refund will be given for cancellation received after 26th February 2024 (Monday). Registrations for the event are non-transferrable without prior written consent from the Scoiety. Substitutions are allowed. Please notify us on or before 26th February 2024. Non-member rate applies if the substitute is not CFA Society Hong Kong member. If the cancellation is made after the early bird deadline, regular price (NOT early bird rate) will be applied to the substitute. The Society reserves the right to deny any transfer requests at its discretion.
- For any special dietary requirement, please inform us on or before 1:00pm, 26th February 2024 (Monday).
- The Society reserves the right to change the venue, date, or speaker of the event due to
- any unforeseen circumstances or the minimum number of enrolment is not achieved without prior ntoice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong is final, and no further appeal will be entertained.
For arrangements during adverse weather conditions:
- For Black Rainstorm Signal and/or Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above:
- If signal is hoisted on the day of function or still in effect 5 hours prior to the function, the function shall be re-scheduled. In the event of cancellation due to bad weather, the event will be rescheduled and registration fees will be refunded.
- For Typhoon Signal No. 1, Typhoon Signal No. 3, Amber Rainstorm Signal and/or Red Rainstorm Signal:
- The annual dinner shall proceed as planned. Registration fees will not be refunded.
Personal Information Collection Statement
- CFA Society Hong Kong intends to use the personal data (including but not limited to your name, email address(es), mobile number and/or social media) to inform you, where relevant, of members’ benefits, goods, services facilities and events organized or provided by CFA Society Hong Kong or other organizations. Members and registered persons may opt out of receiving such materials at any time by sending an email to CFA Society Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that you and your guest(s) consent to appearing in any official event photographs and video footage.
- The photographs and video footage can be used by the Society for marketing and publicity in our publications, on our website and in social media, or in a third-party publication.
- In addition, photographs or video footage may be taken by other event attendees and publicly shared, for which the Society cannot be held responsible.”
- If you have enrolled for your guests or colleagues, please relay this Policy to them.