Quantamental and Fintech: What has changed or not changed in the Capital Markets
CPT/CE Eligibility (A Recognized CPT Provider)
|PL (CE) hour(s)||1|
|RBV CPD hour(s)||1|
The largest innovation in financial industry in the last two decades is fast implementation and integration of computing algorithm, machine learning techniques and cutting-edge technology. However, the early success of quantitative investing and fast growing of technology driven financial services exaggerated the importance of quant modelling in investment decision and technology dominance in serving clients. The frequent presence of macro events and government policy unrest in 2022 taught us lessons of inflexibility of investment decision due to inertia of previous success. In this webinar, Peng FEI, Ph.D., CFA, will elaborate the power of combining fundamental insights and quantitative approach, to navigate through market turmoil full of fear and greed, share his experience of objective and subjective risk exposure analysis in multi-strategy portfolio, and introduce some key elements in capital markets and financial services that have never changed no matter how capital markets has been evolving through technology development.
About the Speaker
Dr. Fei Peng, CFA
CEO and Founder
Hainan Dosh Asset Management Co. Limited
Dr. Fei Peng is the CEO and Founder of Hainan Dosh Asset Management Co. Limited, a hedge fund registered in mainland China. The fund’s objective is to achieve stable absolute returns with small drawdown across different market regimes using multi-asset and multi-strategies allocation. The investment philosophy is to combine fundamental approach and quantitative modeling to generate returns from diversified exposures. Dr. Fei has 20 years global investment experience, specialized in quantitative equity investment, asset allocation, and global macro. Before Dosh Asset Management, Dr. Fei was the CIO and partner of Wanwei Asset Management Ltd.，which is a Fintech company registered in Shenzhen mainland China from 2017 to 2020. This platform integrates artificial intelligence, financial technology and asset allocation to provide online Robo-advisory and wealth management service. Before Wanwei, he was the founder and CEO of a HK SFC licensed hedge fund, Winsight Asset Management, which provided offshore investment and advisory service for Chinese investors between 2014 and 2017. In 2010, Dr. Fei joined E Fund Management (HK) as a senior portfolio manager and Managing Director of Global Investment & QDII business. He was also the Responsible Officer of E Fund Management (HK). His managed QDII fund, global consumer luxury fund, was ranked No. 3 in all the QDII funds in 2013.
In 2004, Dr. Fei joined State Street Global Advisors (SSgA), one of the world’s leading institutional global asset manager (third largest in the world with $3.3 trillion assets) headquartered in Boston. He was the Head of North America Quantitative Equity Research Department before he left the firm. Dr. Fei holds a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and a M.S. in Finance from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He has also been actively involved in academic research by publishing papers in a number of finance conferences. He has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and is a member of Chicago Quantitative Alliance (CQA) and the Chinese Finance Association (TCFA).
Rating General – Material presented will be basic and of interest to a general audience having no background in the area.
CFA Societies Global Passport Program
CFA Society Hong Kong has participated in the CFA Societies Global Passport Program which allows CFA society members to enjoy local society member rate at selected events like this luncheon. Members of non-CFA Society Hong Kong CFA Institute societies qualify to attend this event at CFA Society Hong Kong member rates. Please contact CFA Society Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- This Webinar is a complimentary event for all members.
- Upon registration on the Zoom platform, each registrant will be given a unique link for each session, please do not share the link with others.
- Members will be entitled to receive CPT Attendance Letter at NO extra costs after attending the FULL webinar. Please see below for further details.
- To qualify for CPT/CE hours, all participants must attend the full webinar. After the webinar, Society staff will verify participants’ check-in and check-out time from the registration system for the purpose of issuing CPT Attendance Letters. No pro-rata credit hours will be awarded.
- CFA Societies Global Passport Program Eligible.
- The event will be conducted in English.
- The webinar link and email confirmation will be sent to registrant upon successful online registration.
- A webinar reminder will be sent out 1 day before the event. If you have not received the email confirmation and reminder, it is the delegate’s responsibility to contact CFA Society Hong Kong to confirm their place.
- The webinar will be conducted on Zoom.
- Please log in the webinar link 10 mins in advance of the session start time to allow some time to solve the technical issues (if any) and the webinar will start promptly at 12:30 PM.
- For attendance-taking purpose, participants’ names and company names (if any) may be given to the speaker of this event.
- CFA Society Hong Kong will closely monitor and assess the ongoing situation of COVID-19 in the community. Should there be any changes to the event dates and other arrangements, we will notify participants via SMS and/or email. Notices will also be posted on Society’s website. Please stay alert with our notifications.
- The event organizers reserve the right to change the format, date or speakers of the event due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- In case of dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong is final, and no further correspondences will be entertained.
- Please note that no request for an attendance letter will be processed after the event date & registration deadline.