Investing in China EV Markets
CPT/CE Eligibility (A Recognized CPT Provider)
|PL (CE) hour(s)
|RBV CPD hour(s)
In the past few years, the Chinese Electric Vehicle (“EV”) Industry has developed at a high speed never seen, despite the challenges from macroeconomics and the international supply chain. According to the data from the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, the number of EVs sold increased from 3.5 million in 2021 to 7.3 million in the first ten months of 2023. China Passenger Car Association forecasts that the passenger EV penetration rate will reach 36% in 2023. Globally, over 60% of the EVs were sold in China. Electricity and intelligence are the two major trends in the vehicle industry. Some Chinese OEMs seized to opportunity from the market momentum and achieved remarkable breakthroughs, while some encountered difficulties in the way of their development under the furious competition.
For investors, how to participate in the present development of the EV industry, what are the key factors to be considered for investing in the industry? KPMG Deal Advisory and Capital Market team will share with you their view on:
- The overall outlook of the Chinese EV market in China
- The latest investment or fundraising or M&A activities of the Chinese EV OEMs, and their expansion among the value chain and in different regions
- Common issues or key considerations for investing in an EV company
- Way to exit – key matters to tackle before going to the capital market
Sandwiches and drinks will be served at the event.
About the Speakers
Ms. Vanessa Xu
Partner, Deal Advisory, KPMG
Vanessa leads the KPMG China Corporate Strategy & Operation practice. She has 18+ years of executive experience in advisory services. Her clients are MNCs, SOEs as well as POEs. Vanessa has managed a number of Internationalization, Transformation and Expansion situations for her clients as well as corporate reorganisations including Carve-outs. She is a Strategy & Operation expert has worked on ‘best owner’-strategies from idea to results. Over her career she has designed business strategies, orchestrated business/operating model transformations as well as performance improvement programs in deal situations.
With her focus on M&A related advisory Vanessa led projects in the energy & resources, industrial manufacturing and service industry sectors for both corporate clients and PEs. Vanessa has studied in China and Germany, has 8 years of work experience in Deal Advisory in Europe before moving to China in 2011.
Ms. Iris Chen
Partner, Deal Advisory, KPMG
Iris is a partner in the Transaction Services, Deal Advisory. Iris has 16+ years of experience in professional services, including in audit practise and advisory services, in Mainland China and in Hong Kong.
Iris joined the KPMG Guangzhou audit practice in 2007, and after 3 years of service in the audit team, Iris transferred to the Transaction Services team in 2010. In the Transaction Services team, Iris participated in a number of M&A projects, providing financial due diligence services and other deal advisory services to clients. From 2010 till now, Iris has assisted various clients, including multi-national corporates, private equities, SOEs and listed companies, in their investment/ M&A projects in different industries. Since October 2022, Iris has been relocated to KPMG Hong Kong, providing the deal advisory services to the clients. With 10+ years of experience working on Mainland China investment/ M&A projects, Iris has good understanding of the common deal issues and market trends and provides thoughtful advice to the clients for their contemplating transactions.
Mr. Mike Tang
Partner, Capital Market, KPMG
Mike Tang, CFA, is an audit partner at KPMG China specialized in leading capital market engagements. His areas of expertise include initial public offerings (IPO), mergers and acquisitions, financial restructuring, debt financing, spin-off listings and SPAC. He is also a practising CPA with work experience across different cities in the Greater Bay Area (GBA), serving clients in TMT, biotech, real estate and consumer market. He has a strong presence in media, with publications and interviews on diversified topics, including IPO, GBA, corporate governance and climate changes. He is also a regular speaker at seminars, forums and panel discussions, sharing insights on capital market trends and hot topics.
Mr. Billy Choi, CPA (moderator)
Trader at a global private bank
Continuing Education Committee Member
Rating Intermediate – Material presented will have technical elements requiring a working knowledge of the subject to make full use of the presentation.
CFA Societies Global Passport Program
CFA Society Hong Kong has participated in the CFA Societies Global Passport Program which allows CFA society members to enjoy local society member rate at selected events like this luncheon. Members of non-CFA Society Hong Kong CFA Institute societies qualify to attend this event at CFA Society Hong Kong member rates. Please contact CFA Society Hong Kong at email@example.com to register.
- Registration is requested, no walk-in will be entertained.
- Only registered participants are allowed to stay and attend the event.
- Please take good care of your belongings. CFA Society Hong Kong is not responsible for any personal loss.
- If you have any discomfort or flu symptoms, please DO NOT participate in the captioned activity.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong shall be final and binding.
- The event organizers reserve the right to change the format, date of the event due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- Members will be entitled to receive CPT Attendance Letter at NO extra costs after attending the FULL webinar. Please see below for further details.
- To qualify for CPT/CE hours, all participants must attend the full event. After the seminar, Society staff will verify participants’ check-in and check-out time from the registration system for the purpose of issuing CPT Attendance Letters. No pro-rata credit hours will be awarded.
- CFA Societies Global Passport Program Eligible.
- The event will be conducted in English.
- For attendance-taking purpose, participants’ names and company names (if any) may be given to the speaker of this event.
- Should there be any changes to the event dates and other arrangements, we will notify participants via SMS and/or email. Notices will also be posted on Society’s website. Please stay alert with our notifications.
- Please note that no request for an attendance letter will be processed after the event date & registration deadline.
- For non-members & guests, registration is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- An additional administrative charge of HK$50 will be charged for participant who registers on the event day.
- HK$50 walk-in surcharge is imposed on all fees listed.
- To cope with the growing trend of going cashless, cash and cheque payment is strictly not accepted. Please ensure the online payment is successfully completed, otherwise, the registration may not be processed.
- Registrations should be paid in full before the commencement of the event. Immediate payment is required upon email confirmation. Should the registration fee remains outstanding, CFA Society Hong Kong reserves the right to disallow entrance to the event.
- Full amount will still be charged for no-show or enrolment made after 31 Jan 2024.
- An administration fee HK$50 will be charged for any cancellation of confirmed enrollment made on or before 31 Jan 2024. All cancellation requests must be made in writing and be confirmed by email from Society Hong Kong.
- Refund of the event fee (less an administration fee of HK$50 per person) will be given for cancellation received on/before 31 Jan 2024.
– For payment made by credit card, a refund will be handled through the bank, please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. The amount will be refunded to the paid credit card account.
- No refund will be given for cancellation received after 31 Jan 2024.
- Substitutions are allowed. Please notify us prior to the event. Non-member rate applies if the substitute is not a CFA Society Hong Kong member.
Personal Information Collection Statement
- CFA Society Hong Kong intends to use the personal data (including but not limited to your name, email address(es), mobile number and/or social media) to inform you, where relevant, of members’ benefits, goods, services facilities and events organized or provided by CFA Society Hong Kong or other organizations. Members and registered persons may opt out of receiving such materials at any time by sending an email to CFA Society Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering for this event, you confirm that you and your guest(s) consent to appearing in any official event photographs and video footage.
- The photographs and video footage can be used by the Society for marketing and publicity in our publications, on our website and in social media, or in a third-party publication.
- In addition, photographs or video footage may be taken by other event attendees and publicly shared, for which the Society cannot be held responsible.