The financial industry is characterized by rapid change and continuous innovation. In a changing technical and professional environment, practitioners engaging in regulated activities in Hong Kong should regularly update their knowledge and skills through Continuous Professional Training (“CPT”) to maintain their professional competence.
The Society is recognized by the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) as an institution for providing Continuous Professional Training (“CPT”). Continuing Education programs and seminars organised by CFA Society Hong Kong qualify for CPT hours.
To maintain and enhance practitioners’ technical knowledge and professional expertise.
To provide reasonable assurance to investors at large that they have the technical knowledge, professional skills and ethical standards required to perform regulated activities efficiently, effectively, and fairly.
To maintain and enhance Hong Kong’s international reputation for high professional standards.
- a licensed representative under Part V of the SFO;
- a licensed representative who is approved as a responsible officer under Part V of the SFO;
- a licensed corporation under Part V of the SFO;
- a registered institution under Part V of the SFO;
- an individual whose name is entered in the register maintained by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (“HKMA”) under section 20 of the Banking Ordinance (“relevant individual”); and
- an individual who has been given consent to act as an executive officer of a registered institution under section 71C of the Banking Ordinance.