West meets East: Fireside Chat with an Environmental Fund Manager
CPT/CE Eligibility (A Recognized CPT Provider)
|PL (CE) hour(s)||1|
|RBV CPD hour(s)||1|
Mr. Du Yi, CFA, is managing two SFDR Article 9 positive impact funds, currently managing over US10bn of assets. He is experienced in global environmental investing and recently started his new portfolio that covers China market.
Yi will share on how China contrast with global developed markets on:
- Investment universe across environmental sectors
- Latest investment highlights and outlook
- Related government policies update
He will also share his experience on engagement across both markets.
About the Speaker
Mr. Yi Du, CFA
Thematic Equities Team
Pictet Asset Management
Yi Du joined Pictet Asset Management in 2018. He is an Investment Manager in the Thematic Equities Team.
Before joining Pictet, Yi worked in the Global Equity Research team of J.P. Morgan in Hong Kong covering utilities and environmental sectors in Asia. Prior to that, he worked in the Investment Banking team at Barclays in Hong Kong.
Yi holds an MSc in Financial Economics with distinction from the University of Oxford. Yi is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder.
Mr. Tim Chan, CFA (Moderator)
Pillar Head of ESG, Continuing Education Committee
CFA Society Hong Kong
Tim Chan is the Head of Sustainability Research (Asia Pacific ex Japan) at a bulge bracket investment bank and heads the ESG pillar under the Continuing Education Committee of CFA Society Hong Kong.
Previously, Tim was a senior ESG analyst at Manulife Investment Management where he led the ESG integration, research and engagement efforts in North Asia. Before that, he worked as an advisory manager at Ernst & Young within their climate change and sustainability services team.
Tim holds a bachelor of science in molecular biotechnology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and a master of science in environmental management from the University of Hong Kong. He is also a CFA charterholder, a chartered environmentalist and an EFFAS certified ESG analyst. Tim currently sits in the Advisory Board for Division of Environment and Sustainability, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST).
CFA Societies Global Passport Program
CFA Society Hong Kong has participated in the CFA Societies Global Passport Program which allows CFA society members to enjoy local society member rate at selected events like this luncheon. Members of non-CFA Society Hong Kong CFA Institute societies qualify to attend this event at CFA Society Hong Kong member rates. Please contact CFA Society Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- This Webinar is a complimentary event for all members.
- Upon registration on the Zoom platform, each registrant will be given a unique link for each session, please do not share the link with others.
- Members will be entitled to receive CPT Attendance Letter at NO extra costs after attending the FULL webinar. Please see below for further details.
- To qualify for CPT/CE hours, all participants must attend the full webinar. After the webinar, Society staff will verify participants’ check-in and check-out time from the registration system for the purpose of issuing CPT Attendance Letters. No pro-rata credit hours will be awarded.
- CFA Societies Global Passport Program Eligible.
- The event will be conducted in English.
- The webinar link and email confirmation will be sent to the registrant upon successful online registration.
- A webinar reminder will be sent out 1 day before the event. If you have not received the email confirmation and reminder, it is the delegate’s responsibility to contact CFA Society Hong Kong to confirm their place.
- The webinar will be conducted on Zoom.
- Please log in the webinar link 10 mins in advance of the session start time to allow some time to solve the technical issues (if any) and the webinar will start promptly at 12:30 PM.
- For attendance-taking purpose, participants’ names and company names (if any) may be given to the speaker of this event.
- CFA Society Hong Kong will closely monitor and assess the ongoing situation of COVID-19 in the community. Should there be any changes to the event dates and other arrangements, we will notify participants via SMS and/or email. Notices will also be posted on Society’s website. Please stay alert with our notifications.
- The event organizers reserve the right to change the format, date or speakers of the event due to unforeseen circumstances without prior notice.
- In case of dispute, the decision of CFA Society Hong Kong is final, and no further correspondences will be entertained.
- Please note that no request for an attendance letter will be processed after the event date & registration deadline.